Fuck Your God

"Hey, you have your religion in my politics" "Hey, you have your politics in my religion" Two tastes that could be great, just NOT together. Let's discuss how religious zealots are ruining the spirit of the United States and trampling your rights for the sake of their own god.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

"Chuck" currently resides in the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago. While he finds organized religion and their fanatics to be morally bankrupt and power hungry he also believes in the Constitution and our Bill of Rights which allow all of us to believe in any god we choose and the ability to worship in any manner our selves feel to be correct and good and right. So long as we respect others' rights to do so as well. The latter concept being foreign to most religious folk.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

How was your weekend?

Memorial Day weekend. The unofficial start of summer. I hope you all enjoyed your extra day off (if you got one). Did you stop at 3 pm local time and remember the soldiers dead in battle? Any battle or war, pick one. We’ve had quite a few of them in the current war. Not that we are seeing any draped coffins. GW has quite a grip, doesn’t he? We have soldiers fighting for our freedom. Freedom of the press? Yeah, right. Freedom to practice any religion? Yeah, that, too. These seem rather dicey these days. I know I have said it once before, and my blog is still fairly new, but it bears repeating. “What someone will do for you, they will also do to you.” Remember that. We are going through a whole bunch of crap right now and the government is doing it “to protect the homeland”. Just think, if the government will take away my rights FOR my protection, what will they do TO me for their protection? And then think about what you are doing about it.

This weekend I was thinking about the Boston Tea Party. This was all done out of protest toward a government that was oppressive and didn’t recognize a citizens basic rights as individuals. It was a proverbial straw. Would we do something like that today? It’s hard to imagine in this country of such apathy. “I don’t care what the government does so long as I can drive a Hummer and use all the gas I want.” It is a sad day. Very little griping. Is this our America? Is this the America founded on freedom and hope and strong moral values? Let’s once again bring the Bible into use. What does it say about apathy? Let me look it up and see.

You know what, I’ll let you look, too. Find it and put it in the comments. I’ll post the correct answer on Friday. That should give you some time. Oh, and can you name a rebellion or uproar or something like that that helped us on our road to freedom? Let’s see who really knows their stuff.


Chuck

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm assuming you're not talking about Matthew 6:33 which to paraphrase says "Don't worry, be happy." That line of my translation is "So do not be anxious about tomorrow; tomorrow will after itself."

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home