Fuck Your God

"Hey, you have your religion in my politics" "Hey, you have your politics in my religion" Two tastes that could be great, just NOT together. Let's discuss how religious zealots are ruining the spirit of the United States and trampling your rights for the sake of their own god.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

"Chuck" currently resides in the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago. While he finds organized religion and their fanatics to be morally bankrupt and power hungry he also believes in the Constitution and our Bill of Rights which allow all of us to believe in any god we choose and the ability to worship in any manner our selves feel to be correct and good and right. So long as we respect others' rights to do so as well. The latter concept being foreign to most religious folk.

Monday, May 23, 2005

How do you solve a problem like ...

Maria??? No. God in politics. If you are squeamish, you may want to not continue reading.


OK. I am now so distracted I can hardly write. I know I should keep this on track of Separation of Church and State. But I have been listening to Barbara Boxer from California on C-Span radio. She is wonderful. Plain spoken, to the point, and not afraid to say it like it is. Boy did she spit on GW and Dick Cheney, as well as other Republicans. And she called Dr. Frist to the carpet on HIS filibuster history. Hooray for her. She really should have gotten a standing ovation.

Well, that said, lets get back on track. Santorum. See, you should have turned your eyes. Who wants to see that frothy mixture of semen, lube, and feces. Yep, that's Rick. A frothy mixture. Come (cum?) to find out, he's a catholic. I recently read an article about him in the New York Times Magazine. Here are a couple of statements from this esteemed frothy one.

"How is it possible, I wonder, to believe in the existence of God yet refuse to express outrage when his moral code is flouted? To have faith in God, but to reject moral absolutes?"

I have a question for Mr. Frothy. Who says these are moral absolutes? Your god? What if I'm Muslim? I don't believe in your god, therefore I reject what you consider to be moral absolutes. I have my own moral absolutes. The United States government cannot force me to adhere to your moral absolutes. Fuck your god.

Oh, what do we do about those that don't believe in any god? They say "Fuck Your God".

Here is what Mr. Frothy thinks of marriage. Far from something loving and wonderful, I'd say.
"It is in providing a stable environment for the raising of children. That's why we give marriage a special status, not because people like to hang out together and have fun."
He thinks that a union without at least the possibility of procreation need not be legally sanctioned.

Sounds rather catholic to me. I'm not catholic. How dare he try to impose his filthy, pedofilic, catholic rhetoric on me. I don't want to adhere to any moral absolutes that says only procreating couples should be legally wed. In my book, marriage should be about love, or family, or economic stability, or whatever your reason for marriage. It is really no ones business but those who are getting married. So I say "Fuck Your God" and get it out of my politics. Pick your poison. Marriage is either a government thing or religious thing. YOUR religious thing. Not MINE.

It seems to me that Rick Santorum is not a senator for the people of Pennsylvania. More a senator for the CATHOLIC people of Pennsylvania. What kind of government is that? Is that an endorsement of catholocism? Feels like it.

So, just a nugget for you to chew on.

Chuck

3 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

This is a link to a really great image. If you follow the link, you get to another blog. Scroll down a bit and go to the column on gay marriage. Read the comments. Fabulous. Bigotry and religious zealot on the march. And marching all over YOUR rights. In this era of gender equality, some one needs to slug her.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will make you very happy.

One of my buddies was an invited guest at a high-level convention in DC. He had access to the behind-the-scenes Senate waiting room.

So he did what any sensible person with integrity would do. He cornered Santorum and LECTURED him on the poor leadership (as if!) he was providing to the citizens of our United States. Lecture lasted all of 3 minutes. Santorum asked 'Who are you and should I know you'...as my friend was all suited-up with the political mover-and shaker look going on...and my friend shook his hand and introduced himself as a 20 year old Junior from a prominent college in the South (not giving up my buddies identity here online).

Santorum was floored that he was just lectured to by a 20 year old. So the took out his notebook and wrote down my friends name and email.

Luckily, my friend is still alive and well to this day. And in my mind, he's a hero.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Hopefully this tete-a-tete also made an impact on Mr. Santorum's understanding of his fellow American's lives. Not everyone believes as he does, nor do they have to. If there is enough of that, maybe it will someday sink in.

Chuck

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home