Fuck Your God

"Hey, you have your religion in my politics" "Hey, you have your politics in my religion" Two tastes that could be great, just NOT together. Let's discuss how religious zealots are ruining the spirit of the United States and trampling your rights for the sake of their own god.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

"Chuck" currently resides in the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago. While he finds organized religion and their fanatics to be morally bankrupt and power hungry he also believes in the Constitution and our Bill of Rights which allow all of us to believe in any god we choose and the ability to worship in any manner our selves feel to be correct and good and right. So long as we respect others' rights to do so as well. The latter concept being foreign to most religious folk.

Friday, May 13, 2005

This could be a full time job

I was all set to write a nice little blog today about Faith-based initiatives. How fun. Thank heaven for Google. That is where the trouble began. I found scads of information on faith based programs. Luckily it was a sidetrack to my major point. That point being the complete seeming disregard for the Separation of Church and State.

I remember about three years ago listening to GW boast about how "religion will not be descriminated against any longer.." and how funny I thought that was. Religion has descriminated against women for years. Putting them second behind men. Not allowing them to hold positions of authority. Allowing husbands to beat their wives (actually a law on the books in some states). Religion descriminated against African-Americans. Inter-racial relationships. Native Americans. Gays/Lesbians. There were crusades because of religion. Religious activity has always held a position of respect in government, society, and individual lives. But George felt it was not given its' due by government. A government to which it never paid taxes.

And now, this religion that does not want government money spent on abortion, they want it spent on religion.

I'm still researching this faith-based initiative crap. But I want you to know that, as of less than a year ago, NOT ONE THIN DIME of government money has been spent on ANY faith-based initiative that is NOT CHRISTIAN. That's right. All of the organizations that have received money have ONLY BEEN CHRISTIAN. My money. I'm not a christian. Your money. Are you a christian? You may not be. And non of your faiths, if you aren't christian, are getting that money. Jews? Nope. Muslim? Nope. Buddhist? Nope. And definately NOT PAGANS.

Our constitution says that our government will not promote any one religion or system of religious belief. I don't know about you, but I'm not convinced they're not. I smell something afoul. And I'm angry. I will wear my "Fuck Your God" button quite happily. And I will continue the search and keep YOU updated. In the mean time, get angry.

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home