Fuck Your God

"Hey, you have your religion in my politics" "Hey, you have your politics in my religion" Two tastes that could be great, just NOT together. Let's discuss how religious zealots are ruining the spirit of the United States and trampling your rights for the sake of their own god.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

"Chuck" currently resides in the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago. While he finds organized religion and their fanatics to be morally bankrupt and power hungry he also believes in the Constitution and our Bill of Rights which allow all of us to believe in any god we choose and the ability to worship in any manner our selves feel to be correct and good and right. So long as we respect others' rights to do so as well. The latter concept being foreign to most religious folk.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Axis of wickedness in disguise

Some things of note were bouncing around in my head today. Texas has a law that prohibits the sale, manufacture, or distribution of any device whose express purpose is to stimulate human genitalia. (Funny it is that the state of Texas is the largest single purchaser of such devices) So what I find funny is that the legislature actually sat down and debated this and then passed a law. Of all things. They can't come together and balance a damn budget that affects all of it's citizenry, but it CAN come together and agree that a vibrator or dildo needs to be banned. (For those of you going "huh, don't they sell them in Texas? Yes they do. Under other names to circumvent the law for the sole benefit of the single largest purchaser in the state.) Another state that has done this is Alabama. And not ONCE, but TWICE. It was upheld as recently as six years ago after it was challenged.

Now, I'm not Hindu so I would be quite outraged if the U.S. government told me I could not eat beef simply because Hindu's treated cows as sacred. Not being Catholic, I couldn't give a rat's ass about the pope or his rules about birth control. I would be deeply concerned and outraged if the government said I couldn't use it simply because the pope said it was wrong. Nor am I Jewish, but I would be outraged if the government made leavend bread illegal for everyone during passover.

All together now. Those anti-vibrator laws, just like the anti-sodomy laws, are based on religious moral values. Anti-gay legislation is based on religion. Our government passing laws based on religious morality is advocating that religion. Where's the separation? Why am I so coerced into following a religion I shun? And what right does the government have to impose that upon a free society? I'm outraged over this. What is so very disturbing to me is that more people aren't. They'd rather watch sports. Or the apprentice. Go ahead, give the Donald a decent haircut and see what the country has to say. Cut the constitution to bits, nothing.

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home