Fuck Your God

"Hey, you have your religion in my politics" "Hey, you have your politics in my religion" Two tastes that could be great, just NOT together. Let's discuss how religious zealots are ruining the spirit of the United States and trampling your rights for the sake of their own god.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

"Chuck" currently resides in the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago. While he finds organized religion and their fanatics to be morally bankrupt and power hungry he also believes in the Constitution and our Bill of Rights which allow all of us to believe in any god we choose and the ability to worship in any manner our selves feel to be correct and good and right. So long as we respect others' rights to do so as well. The latter concept being foreign to most religious folk.

Friday, April 03, 2009

Attack of the 50' christian

christians are all about the attack. Here in the United States of America they are granted special privileges with an Amendment specifically protecting them and the decision they make to be christians. Our founding fathers determined that they should be a protected class unto themselves and that no entity in this country should treat them negatively. Yet this protection and privilege is not enough for this group of bigots so they spend time attacking anyone who dares to disagree with their brand of "truth". christians will demand that politicians adhere to their mindless religious teachings and insist on having laws passed to deem unbelievers unlawful and dirty. They insist that the world would not be so screwed up if it would only follow its bigoted doctrine.

This week a woman at work kindly informed me that the reason for my homosexuality is because society says I must be this way. "If society weren't so screwed up you would be normal." She told me that if I were to have grown up in her country and town I would have a girlfriend or wife now. Society has made me this way. She has also taken to bringing me literature "showing the miracles of Christ" in order to give me hope for change.

What causes these people to think this way? They truly believe that I am broken in some way. And because of my brokenness it's OK to pass legislation banning my person. These types of attacks happen every day against the homosexual community in the name of religion. They have become commonplace. Yet bring these to the attention of society and You are the bad person attacking christianity. Demand respect as a fellow human being and equality in the United States and you are an enemy of all that is good. Demand to be treated as you would treat "any other person on the street" and you are satan's handyman.

Well, don't look to me for respect if you are of a religious "ilk" and don't demand respect for a lifestyle you have chosen. The government can instruct that I respect you in my professional life and not treat you like the jackass that you are, but you won't receive the same in my personal life. You keep your religious heehaw to your self and I will try not to spit on you. Fuck your god, I say, Fuck your god.

Much Love,
Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home