Fuck Your God

"Hey, you have your religion in my politics" "Hey, you have your politics in my religion" Two tastes that could be great, just NOT together. Let's discuss how religious zealots are ruining the spirit of the United States and trampling your rights for the sake of their own god.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

"Chuck" currently resides in the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago. While he finds organized religion and their fanatics to be morally bankrupt and power hungry he also believes in the Constitution and our Bill of Rights which allow all of us to believe in any god we choose and the ability to worship in any manner our selves feel to be correct and good and right. So long as we respect others' rights to do so as well. The latter concept being foreign to most religious folk.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

You call yourself an American?!

Today I was returning home from work. I had my headphones on so I was rather oblivious to the man talking to me from behind. I feel a tap on my shoulder and this man asks me about my pin. (you all know the one, it's pink and says "Fuck Your God") It's the only pin on my backpack so it's not hard to know what he's talking about. I tell him it's a political pin defending the separation of church and state. Unlike other people who think it's just a bit harsh and say so, this man tells me I need to keep my political opinions to myself. I found this reaction to be quite ironic. I always thought it was good to have good political opinions and to discuss them intelligently. I bet this man even thinks I'm the unAmerican one.

Oh, did I mention he was quite obviously drunk?

Have a great day.
Chuck

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were I and I was in that situation, I would have told that piece of shit that he needs to not tell me what I "need" to do.
Know what I mean?

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home