Fuck Your God

"Hey, you have your religion in my politics" "Hey, you have your politics in my religion" Two tastes that could be great, just NOT together. Let's discuss how religious zealots are ruining the spirit of the United States and trampling your rights for the sake of their own god.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

"Chuck" currently resides in the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago. While he finds organized religion and their fanatics to be morally bankrupt and power hungry he also believes in the Constitution and our Bill of Rights which allow all of us to believe in any god we choose and the ability to worship in any manner our selves feel to be correct and good and right. So long as we respect others' rights to do so as well. The latter concept being foreign to most religious folk.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Bill of Rights are coming! Bill of Rights are coming!

But not today. Today we discuss responsibility. Specifically, responsibility of self. Who really is responsible for ME? Well, I don't think it is me, anymore. Or you, or my family. It seems that that responsibility is slowly becoming the responsibility of the government.

Think "smoking bans in public places", or anti-abortionists, or gay marriage opponents (or even gay rights opponents, for that matter), or Neo-Cons, or religion in the public sector such as schools, Intelligent Design, etc., etc., etc. The government seems to want responsibility over what I think, learn, feel, do (in my home or out), and act. All this legislation is starting to outlaw my own freedoms and liberty. This whole smoking thing is getting so out of control. Who are these schmuks telling me where I can smoke? I can't smoke in a privately owned bar? Oh, by the way, I'm not a smoker, just concerned for personal civil liberties and freedoms in a country supposedly "The land of the Free". What, I can't pray privately in school? What is that? Am I shoving my religion down someone's throat here? You don't like it, fine. Pray to your god silently and leave me alone. I can't criticize the president? Right. If he's acting like a retard, I'm going to say something, Republican or Democrat.

I turned 18 roughly 16 years ago. I'm a grown man. My folks brought me up in the best way they knew how. I don't live with them any longer. That said, if I want to smoke, I will. If I want to marry someone of the same gender, that's my business and don't need the "blessing" of the religious right, if I knock-up a girl and she wants an abortion, that is her decision and mine. These are all things I will have to deal with in my head. They are all my responsibility. They DON'T need legislating by activist anyone.

Next time, The Bill of Rights. In small increments as I know you like to read snippets. Ahhh, the OCD world we live in.

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home